View Single Post
Old 31-01-2019, 06:16 PM
Suspended

On the topic of self or no self, impermanence.

Most identify with their content. The content created by the brain. Thought, belief, conditioning, all of that. It seems to be permanent, at least for a life time. We are called the same name by others, have the same past, relationships, memories, habits. We wake up and know ourselves to be the same person as yesterday.

So what is this ides of no self? It's really not about no self at all, the concepts from Buddhism. Like some have posted, it is about not self, not no self. It is the "Buddhist" realization of what you are not. All this temporary stuff generated by the brain you have mistakenly identified with as "you."

Once you have stopped identifying wholly with what you are not, you find what you are, and what you have always been. This is the "god" experience others have had, an experience of the "divine."

People who have had this profound realization and experience then say things like, "I am that," or "I am everything" or "I am you" The internal mechanism of separation is gone. Burned up in the realization of the true self.