View Single Post
Old 21-06-2019, 01:42 AM
Suspended
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
This is indeed correct.

In the Hindu tradition, it is also the same thing.

There are three types of Samadhi or "merging with Oneness" which is based upon the interaction or participation of Ego within the conceptual realisation.

There is Savikalpa Samadhi, which is concept dependent, like the trance states or rapture one experiences with Deity worship, there is Nirvikalpa Samadhi, which transcends limited concepts into a merging independent of any "subject" or "object" which is also akin to the Ego Death, and there is Sahaja Samadhi, in which the Nirvikalpa state can be realised even in active consciousness, without the requirement for any formal meditative practice...thus, it becomes effortless (Sahaja)...the Buddhist tradition calls this Wu Wei Wu (doing not doing).

In the first two cases of Samadhi, the Ego can still be present or assert itself from time to time, so even though the Ego may be "dead", it can still return occasionally as a ghost to haunt one...in the case of Sahaja Samadhi, all that is dispensed with.

After one attains Nirvikalpa Samadhi, they realise that even this is not the end of the road and modifications still need to be made to the practice, to secure oneself in that state under any and all duress....this is also where myself, and many others are up to in their Spiritual journey.
I mean I don't think either path is invalid. I think everyone is meant to be either more inclined to the Passive path, or more inclined towards the Active path. I am naturally geared towards the Active. I aim to become so one with Zen that I am unbeatable in all that I do.

Doubtful but... gotta dream big lol