View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 07:02 AM
Scibat

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven
Devil is a rebellious demon that tempts humans to commit evil deeds.

Hitler hated Jewish persons because they were the largest non-German ethnic minority in Central Europe and were regarded as parasites. He killed 1.5 Million people over 5 years. Was hitler a puppet of the Devil? That's as pure evil as evil can get.

My question is, do you believe the Devil is on Earth personally tempting humans such as Hitler, Charles Manson, or Jack the Ripper to commit such acts horror?

Or are humans born with a seed of evil in them and thus can go either way? Does society have more influence on the output of a human's development than religion?

What are your thoughts on the cause of the most evil acts committed by humans?

Blackraven

Humans were given free will (I know some people believe in predetermination) as such I think, we are mostly responsible for what we do, no matter how good or how evil.

Furthermore if there is some evil being that exists like the devil. I think he/it would more encourage/inspire evil deeds, much in the same way one might say they had a divine inspiration. So I guess if the devil does exist he is like the cheerleader for evil rather than making people do anything.