Thread: Derek Acorah
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2006, 09:23 AM
sashwah

Hiya Tigerlilly. My honest opinion is that Derek is actually a genuine medium. I've seen the hype and had news letters about recent events so i watched a couple of the first and second series of MH. He was totally different then but Yvettes face, and Phill Wymans faces were of utter disbelief. They even said to him in one episode "that is totally unbelievable, there is absolutely no way you could have known that". In fact, that's happened quite a lot. Now, he's very famous, so famous in fact that his life is no longer his own. Fame alway's brings it's psychological issues and if Derek is livng between the world of spirit and the world of fame in the physical, then he's going to be a little erratic don't you think? It's hard enough as it is having mediumistic abilities ( speaking from experience) as well as constantly being on tour, mobbed everywhere you go and having more money than you ever imagined you'd know what to do with. Now don't get me wrong, i don't feel sorry for the guy! Lol! Nor am i his number one fan, but it is definately worth going to see him. No matter what, he has a lovely energy about him and going to an event like that is alway's good fun. I won some tickets to go see MH on summer solstice last year. I rang, completely out of the blue, (not the sort of thing i usually do..!) answered my question and said i wanted the summer solstice one for a laugh.. (i'm a witch... sort of..for want of a better word anyhow). I got a phone call a week later and me and three friends set off for Barnsley to see it. It was fab, although my bum was numb after five hours and my hands were nearly bleeding from all the clapping we had to do! It was really good fun. I'd pay to go see him babe... and i'm a cynical old witch! hee hee hee!