View Single Post
Old 07-08-2017, 05:12 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peachboi
Does anyone have a NDE in which you saw an afterlife that did not include God/a higher being? Or, to people who have, did you believe in one before and did your views change with your experience?

I was raised traditional Christian (Missouri Synod). By the time I had my NDE I'd completely rejected Christianity (or any religion) and the idea of a God or gods or an after life. During my NDE I experienced incredible joy and perception. What I learned seemed to come from within. I didn't see any other being except for plants and trees. I knew there was something beyond the bottom of the small hill I stood on with a line of trees and plants at the bottom of it. I assumed there was a creek or small river there. Tried to go there, but I learned I had to return to this life so wasn't successful in my joyous desire. Some NDE researchers say there's a barrier many report crossing, such as a river, gate or marking of some kind, before they encounter any entities. I'm sure it wasn't my time to cross that barrier. A couple other things happened after that, before my consciousness came back to my earthly body.