View Single Post
Old 19-03-2019, 01:16 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
This suggests that whatever our level of development we immediately become all-wise after physical death. Many, including myself, would disagree. The after-death literature describes those who do not even realise that they have physically died because (for them) little has changed. There does seem to be a life review at some stage where we view our lives from the perspective of the Soul and we see our journey and all that we have experienced from a higher perspective.

I suspect that there is more to the death process than just letting go of the physical body. If personality remains then the limitations of personality persist for varying lengths of time until finally the emotional and mental bodies also "die". The consciousness rests in the "reality of pure understanding". For advanced Souls this may come soon after the physical body has died. For less advanced Souls this process is more gradual.

Peace.

Yes, there are many, many varieties of after death beliefs. I personally believe what I suggested the OP consider, but people will always have their choices based on what resonates with them :-)