View Single Post
Old 26-10-2013, 03:21 PM
Suspended
Hiya Loopy

I hope you have fully recovered and are feeling much better as you read this.

I've had a fair few false awakenings over the years. They are really strange. Mine tend to occur right after a high-lucid OBE (or projection, or whatever other terminology you wish to use). It's as if I've used up my whole quota of lucidity, but I'm not quite ready to wake up, so I have a dream where I'm utterly convinced I'm awake. Talk about the opposite of being lucid!

During FAs, I'm only ever aware of the one body. If I do realise at some point that I've entered another dream rather than being awake, I normally immediately wake up. I'm not sure how many FAs in a row I have - not many. I think that's because by the time I've had my lucid experience, I'm very close to waking reality.

I do remember one time being three separate consciousnesses (is that a word?! ). And having 360 degree vision. It sounds wacky when relating it, but at the time it was happening, it seemed perfectly normal and natural.

Over the years, I've come to think there's a heck of a lot of overlap that can occur with these experiences. Plenty of times I've been semi-astral (such as waving my astral arms around) whilst still believing I can feel my physical legs...only to find that once I'd reached full consciousness, my physical legs were in a different position to what I'd originally thought. It's like there are many layers in my mind and I can tune into one, or more, at any given time.

Regardless of what IS actually going on, it's great fun!