Thread: Missing home,
View Single Post
Old 28-06-2012, 10:34 PM
Amethyst Angel

I've only just found this post and right now it resonates a lot with me.
My mum has said, for years, that if a UFO came down and the aliens asked her to go for a ride and never come back, she would go with them without thinking. She has always had such an affinity with the stars and also sci-fi books and films. (Hence my birth name, Altaira, is the name of a star ). When she first said about this I was quite upset, but now I realise that I'm starting to feel the same way. I'm not a sci-fi reader or a star watcher, but I love sci-fi films, especially Contact, and the music by Mike Oldfield in his album Songs of Distant earth bring tears to my eyes. In fact I've just watched the music video on you tube for 'In the beginning' and the manta rays just made my eyes fill with tears, and such a sense of homesickness came to me.
I so feel that I have had other lives on other planets, especially more peaceful than earth, and now and again I have a longing to 'go home'. I just have to remember that I can return 'home' in my dreams and when it is my time to depart of this lifetime, I can hopefully have the chance to go back again for a rest.

Love and light
Amethyst Angel