Thread: Amrit Vela
View Single Post
Old 14-09-2017, 03:39 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
The Hindu Yogis call that time of the day "Brahma Murtha". It's basically 2 hours before sunrise and an hour after sunrise.

It is said that it's always darkest just before the dawn and that is meant to signify the very deep and peaceful vibratory rate which exists before the noise and bustle of the day begins and the 'sparrow farts' to coin a phrase.

Brahma Murtha is the time when its easiest to quieten the vibration of the mind in tune with the surroundings and to be free of the distractions of noise, heat and general household business/stirring from slumber - unless you have a snorer in the family, of corz. :p

It is also a good time to do meditation and prayer, ending with either/or the Gayatri Mantra and a few rounds of Surya Namaskaram just in time to greet the sunrise.

Of course, getting up at Brahma Murtha was something I used to do a lot, but I haven't done it in years. lol
Yes sister it is by Hindu called Brahm Muhurt and By Sikhs it is called Amrit Vela. true city and its noise wake up from 6 am. till that meditation or divine work one can perform well.
from tomorrow as I am retired, inspiring by this posst, I am going to change my time table by waking up early in morning 4.15 am so that I get a chance of meditation this period. in Vipasyana Meditation Commune we used to meditate from 4.30 AM.