View Single Post
Old 25-12-2010, 12:48 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysaetos
Show me how its been suppressed?
I don't think anyone would deny that the ''mind'' influences our actions and choices, thus eventually influences ''matter'', and we all know placebos.Being sceptical about certain claims does not make one a ''scientific materialist''. ;)

I can show you how it's being suppressed, and part of that answer is what I said before, that about materialistic science's modus operandi: Make a primary assumption, that's then built upon. And the more built the more precious the assumption becomes. So precious indeed, that is MUST NOT BE WRONG.

Albert Einstein's discoveries pointed out a new way to go for science. By then, there was a state where physics had decided they had already discovered everything there is to know. That was Newtons physics, where matter is separated from the mind. Unfortunately, powerholders had already invested a lot in this. ( Science is sometimes not that undisturbed instrument of clearness and objectivity it's meant to be, especially when it's financiers want to create there own sphere.)

Physics - and science - has been split in two camps, much like the ages-old conflict between science and religion. It IS the same conflict.

Quantium physics has been buried under a massive propaganda from the more powerful Newtonian fringe. Look at Richard Dawkins, Sam Harris, Lee Smolin and many others, on the net and youtube. Se videos about Quantum mechanics, and Dawkins "Enemies of Reason". Dawkins and others do indeed point out much bogus, but what is dangerous is that they want to use it as an alibi to make an absolute statement of what reality is, and create a system.

It's a serious problem, because physics faces a new perspective where traditional proof-making does no longer work. In order for science to evolve, the consciousness level of the scientist must rise (meaning the objective reality idea must be abandoned). But to some scientific materialists there is no such thing as consciousness. Consciousness is subjective and not part of the objective reality, they say.
To the power elite, all talk about raising consciousness is scary.

Kim Michaels gives a very good overview on the problem here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rS_x6WJ-z0A

Last edited by Perry J : 25-12-2010 at 01:18 PM.