View Single Post
Old 18-01-2020, 01:17 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by teak.

If I had clung to the idea that him pushing me away and then running after me was actually some cosmic dance for us because we shared a soul, I never would have found the amazing life I have now. It honestly feels like the best dream.

Dude... this.

I think this is the cliche information we are told and that had me stuck for 3.5 years. I've found that for me, letting go isn't something I can intentionally do. The more I try to let go, the more I'm just trying- so to speak. Not sure if I made sense. And there were still lessons I had to endure; painful lessons that had me begging for anything but this life. Whew! Took my breath away.

But I can feel the detachment more and more. Thank goodness! I had a typical "tower moment" the other day when I realized I wasn't dragged through this as much as I thought. The Universe def played the trickster role in some parts, but I also wasn't ready to let go.

All I can say is, "I don't know what that was!" and I no longer find it romantic that connection must be this painful. I see other people who are close to me meet the love of their life and it's so easy. So simple. And they truly have good relationships with healthy boundaries.

I don't subscribe to the notion that love needs to be pain. I held onto that most of my life and now: no, thank you.

I'm very happy to find your post. It echoes what I've been thinking. I hope you're well... you sure sound like you are ;)