View Single Post
Old 12-01-2020, 08:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivyanshuChangkakoti
I follow Sadhguru and I've watched a lot of his videos that dive into deep spiritual waters. As a result, it became clear to me that the spiritual process is not a process of growth but one of self-annihilation.

The end goal of the entire spiritual process to dismantle the karmic shell that holds your life within it and ultimately merge with the universe. Basically, you cease to exist and are freed from the whole cycle of birth and death. Sadhguru gives a great analogy of a soap bubble bursting which results in the air within it merging and become one with the air all around.

This ultimate annihilation of self that waits at the end of the spiritual journey doesn't sound very attractive to me. In fact, it makes me very scared and reluctant to begin my spiritual journey. I'd rather remain trapped in the cycle of birth and death retaining my consciousness and individual identity than to attain moksha (ultimate liberation/annihilation which I talked about above). Despite this fact, why are so many willingly walking down the spiritual path to attain moksha? Why would anyone want to stop existing altogether? Do I have a wrong idea about it? Is moksha something to be afraid of?

Sorry if it seems like a lot but these are some of the burning questions that have been bothering me lately. I would really really appreciate it if someone could clarify this for me with legitimate answers.

Thank You

We always find what we need to open and understand, clear things in us that might be holding on, fearing, confused by.

I listen to Sadhguru all the time. I get excited by the potentials within myself now. Now that I’m not contained by fear or grief, I can listen and find things that support my lived experience.

The self that is destructed is the self that fears, the self that is conditioned, the self that contains, the self that isn’t living with truth that oneself decides. From their you become what your seeking, what is ‘truth’ as you are as your true nature.

Your questioning and already have opened the spiritual journey.