View Single Post
Old 11-06-2017, 08:22 AM
Suspended
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer
Sorry I've been away for a bit and didn't get to reply earlier.

I don't feel I'm doing a disservice to myself by not charging for "spiritual services". My "calling" is similar to many out there, and my job provides me with plenty of opportunities to assist people with tangible results through situations that they don't have the luxury of money, peace, or health to take time to address their spiritual growth. There are many "light workers" out there in public service jobs (First Responders, Nurses, Doctors, Teachers) as well as every other job type, who make their world a significantly better place and often would never think that they are providing a spiritual service.

My job involves me sorting through the chaos that is our world: often in life and death situations. In the rare moments I get to connect with and provide guidance to someone who is fortunate enough to be able to work on their spiritual journey, I am thrilled for them and that is payment in and of itself. As far as gauging if someone is sincere in their desire to grow, it really doesn't matter to me if they are or aren't at this point in their life. One of my roles in my career is a trainer, and if I am teaching someone who doesn't want to learn, it's no skin off my back. Same for spiritual teachings.

It would certainly tickle my ego convincing myself that the advice I provide changes someone for the better, which alone is worth charging money for. I'm not trying to be disrespectful with the previous statement, but I highly believe that everybody is capable of providing themselves with all the spiritual knowledge and guidance that they need (as opposed to want). Many people are lazy, not willing, or just not in a position to go down that path, and therefore they seek exterior guidance. So if they are fortunate enough to have money and time to pay for those services: all the power to them. And with that, I'm okay with people charging others for money for those things. But let's not raise ourselves on a pedestal either.

I know you likely will not agree with me, and that's okay. My perspective is shaped by my experiences in life, which may be different from yours and everyone else's who may be reading this.

I had to smile quietly to myself reading your post/reply.
Lightwork is not a job,that's like offering your service as an empath,lol,!..for money!
Good for you Wanderer,a real answer!

Let her pay 5 grand to a charlatan,in the hope that she can pass on her lightwork knowledge, ( with accreditation )for a fee!
What accreditation do you get for helping others less fortunate than you?
You and I both know that being a light worker is like being an empath,its something you do/have that you supply where and when needed to some less fortunate than you,not than others, but you!
I have met a lot of greedy selfish folk in my time,their God is money,wealth, the more the merrier.

Work is something we do,why do we work?
To support ourselves and our families, but that work really goes toward feeding the machine that creates things to sell to consumers,why,because they are convinced they need these things to be happy.
Lightwork is a duty to self,its not a career,though you are convinced it is a career,that's very sad really,just like paying 3,500 bucks for a 3D printed chakra,including fitting of course,lol.
I see you like a lot of others do not like work,as in a real day job,you want to rake in mucho dollero like the charlatan charging you 5 grand to teach you.
I feel sorry for you,the blind leading the blind,keep your money in your pocket,get a physical dayjob,it may stop you daydreaming about making money for supplying nothing but words?

KRB