View Single Post
Old 22-05-2019, 08:41 PM
Master
well I am glad that you are getting your toes wet in Astrology and giving it a chance! It really is amazing.. In my personal opinion, the original way they calculated the charts is the most accurate and it was done for good reasoning, which is beyond my scope of comprehension at this point.. but there are certain reasons that many of these modifications and considerations are non sequitur, which I wish I could tell you exactly why and all the details but I'm just going by my feelings and the little bits of information I've heard on the issue from various sources that I find trustworthy and admirable

One resource is a very interesting and I think wise person named Doelow on Youtube. He is quite unorthodox so keep that in mind but of course considering these are spiritual matters ideally we are already openminded enough to realize knowledge and insight can come from any source or method of delivery. perhaps I shouldn't include a disclaimer when introducing this man, but to put it bluntly he is what you could call "ghetto" so I just don't want anyone shocked when opening his videos that I present as profound because of his personality and upbringing..

Anyways, here are a couple videos he's made about sidereal Astrology and how it's inaccurate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrN4Ahmy7Xg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOTJynrEBFs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46O-v1amrqg

I started listening to his basic videos on Astrological placements first of course but he goes in depth on some very intriguing topics and he makes a lot of sense to me about most of these things

So that all being said, I encourage you to look at your full natal chart according to the "traditional" Western Astrological calculations and see if that jives with you. It isn't a lot different than sidereal, but different enough, especially considering the Moon placement fluctuates substantially and that is a major component of your Astrological makeup.

Also, a note about conjunction lol, when I first started studying Astrology many years ago and got seriously into it, I still didn't try to comprehend the aspects (which is what conjunctions, squares, trines, sextiles, etc. are) for a long time.. but they can be simplified and aren't that intimidating when you finally feel like looking at them. Conjunction just means that the planets are right next to each other.. and getting into the degrees of course complicates things further, but as you know there are 360 degrees in a circle, 12 signs/houses, and thus each house contains 30 degrees. The closer to exact the degrees are, the stronger or more prominent the aspect is.
So with conjunctions we're dealing with no degree difference, or zero, since they are at the same point.. but then there are leeway windows for that since rarely anyone has an exact aspect.. So if a planet is within 5 degrees of another it's a tight/close conjunction and extra important.. Conjunction means that the two planetary energies connect and color each other a lot. ie if you have your Mercury, which is the planet that governs the mind and communication, conjunct your Venus, which is the planet that rules how you feel and interact with things and people, then that conjunction would likely make your mind and sensitivities connected, probably a person who thinks with their heart, or lets their mind rule their heart too much.. it really depends on the signs and other activity of the chart and the life at the moment, but those two energies are invested in each other in some way. What I find most liberating and redeeming about Astrology is that it can teach us potential pitfalls and help us see how to transform and overcome them to embody the best expression of the energies. Because each sign and planet and placement has possible good and bad and it's ultimately up to us how we work with this and manifest the energies.
And then the other aspects are just the different degrees that suggest another interplaying of the energies. Like square, which is the same angle as in geometry, 90 degrees, generally means that there is a conflict of energies and it takes extra effort to make them work together. But through that work and conscientiousness can come extra strength and resilience and so on.

Sorry if I am making this too confusing but just in case it's helpful I'll continue and sum it up. So if two planets are 90 degrees apart (which at 30 degrees per sign it's 3 signs apart) forming a square they are probably not going to be exactly 90 degrees apart but maybe 94.. and one more thing that I didn't learn or understand til later but is simple, is that degree difference from the exactness, is called an "orb"
The less the orb is, the closer and more powerful the aspect is.. So if you have your Venus at 3 degrees Aquarius, and your Moon is at 9 degrees Aquarius, they are conjunct, close together but not exactly, with a difference, or orb, of 6 degrees. Which even over 5 degrees difference is still quite important. I could go on but I will stop myself lol, I'm glad to clarify or answer any specific questions if you have any. but Astrology is such a vast subject already so if you don't pay attention to the aspects or anything yet that is all right