Thread: Elves
View Single Post
Old 21-06-2014, 09:49 PM
Master
yeah definitely a Hawthorn. my home is only ground floor (i was thinking one storey meant that so may have misrepresented my home). The roof starts at about 8 foot (2 and a bit metres). it hasn't reached ten yet so has more to go then, but in comparison to what i normally see, it seems big. Ive had an attraction to them for quite a while. Maybe cos im right next to one, hadn't thought about that. They have an ancient, almost prehistoric, look and feel to them. If im out in the country and there are a few about i feel like it could be 1000's of years ago, for some reason.

Im aware of the triple goddess but not in relation to the trees. That was a very interesting read. I wonder if the Morgan is the spirit that was supposedly seen fairly often in the 1st and 2nd world wars. I should read more folklore

Ive never heard of Blackthorn before and the way you say they do their thing is really cool. I should like to see a circle of them. Such a shame too about the one you saw, obviously. 100 years...We humans are, for the most, so disconnected from nature. People talk about the lovely English country-side but all i see is death and dying, for the most. The streams have no fish, the land is stripped bare and folk don't even feel the lands sadness. i can't even walk through a conventionally farmed field. Still, given a little space it still does its thing. With the problem with bees and similar, hopefully wisdom will eventually be forced to prevail.

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."