View Single Post
Old 26-02-2017, 08:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I did not know this about you. I missed it somehow.
Out of curiosity, do you think of or consider or believe in some sort
of, I don't know how to put it...a consciousness or an intelligence that pervades all that is?
I don't know why I ask? I find people and their beliefs or experiences interesting, I guess. Thanks.
I should say I neither believe nor disbelieve because, as I said, I don't consider it a question that affects my spiritual path. I wake up each day on my spiritual journey and get on with my inner work. God, angels, devils... none of them matter; what matters is what is happening in the now of my immediate life experience.

Part of it for me is I don't feel an affinity to the logic-based concept that, because creation exists, something must have created it. Rather, I can imagine a state where everything simply exists, has always existed, and always will exist. This could very well be one of the mysteries of spirit; why it is unknowable. I certainly have that sense about my soul. I feel it has always existed, and I know it is eternal and can never be obliterated.

The Hermetic description of All Mind is a "God" concept I can at least relate to: The All Mind dreams, and we are the substance of the dream. But a critical aspect of that understanding, is knowledge of relative and absolute truth. Existence is not a dream at all, but quite real from a relative truth perspective.

Last edited by Baile : 26-02-2017 at 01:13 PM.