Thread: Empathy?
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 04:53 PM
Master
Hello CM , I believe you can pick up on others pain. I have picked up on my sister being ill and we are 800 miles apart by just talking on the phone to her.

So yes you can in my opinion. For me when that happens I acknowlege the feeling or way it is making me feel and then tell it that its not my issue and ask it to leave me alone. Sometimes I can then shake it off but other times it sticks with me. I guess for me it depends on how much I am wanting to keep a hold of that feeling, because I think at times I keep it in my grasp for longer then is needed.

It can be the same when you meet people as well, people who have maybe suffered a trauma of some description - you pick up on the hurt, the pain they maybe feeling and the emotion of the moment. Its what we choose to do with that after we have realised what it is and then take action or leave it be.

I may have mis-understood what you have said in your post, are you retaining and keeping the illness or does it come and go. So for example your mum had an operation on a wrist and you developed a problem with yours - has yours now healed or was it just a problem for a little while?

I ignored your comment about not responding - as I had started to before I read your most recent post.

cesx