View Single Post
Old 13-08-2017, 03:30 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenYourEyes
My TF is a "runner" and I've been fed up lately. Usually right before I fall asleep I think of my TF and also anytime I wake up in the middle of the night, and I sleep great. But lately, since I've been disappointed in him not contacting me, I've been trying my best not to think of him, especially before bed or in the middle of the night. But EVERY time I try to not think of him and try to forget about him, I hardly sleep at all and wake up multiple times throughout the night. Why is this?

It sounds as if it was comforting and made you happy to feel him close while falling asleep. These feelings of having him close helped you have a peaceful sleep. Struggling to not think of something takes a lot of concentration and energy, so engaging in this activity will just keep you awake.

To now sleep peacefully without thinking of him you can try to think of something else that gives you comfort or makes you feel safe and happy. Try not to make it another person. Make it an activity or a feeling, a feeling of joy or peace, make it an image of the sky, waterfalls, or fields of daffodils that will keep your mind occupied and happy and away from him and at peace. If he comes to mind don't freak out about it. Just direct your attention back to those beautiful waterfalls and blue sky(anything that makes you feel happy and at peace).