View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 08:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Wolf
Xan - OMG it actually worked. I feel as though I'm covered in little round bruises now. LOL But my anxiety has dropped considerably. I'm a convert.

White Wolf... I'm so glad to hear you tried it... and found it really does work.

Little round bruises means you're tapping too hard.

The effect is not in physical force but moderate energetic stimulation of the acupoints. In fact, some people prefer to massage the points in a circular motion, with moderate pressure.
I most often use the touch-and-breathe method... holding my fingertip on each point with a deep breath, with the same releasing benefits.

Quote:
How long is it supposed to take before a person gets results?

This depends very much on the complexity of the issue, Wolf. Simple problems such as a headache or physical habit may disappear quickly, whereas issues with more emotional components and painful memories may take longer.

However, a key for effectiveness with EFT and other energy psychology methods is to get to the core emotions and events from the past and release those. This may come fairly easily from intuition, or may take some detective work and going down through the layers.

It's important to let go of expectations about how long it will take, and simply get to work on an issue and keep going - every day if necessary - until it is gone.

Xan