View Single Post
Old 15-10-2018, 12:06 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dryad
A binding is a restriction. There are many kinds. Some that limit growth, some that prevent the use of abilities. Some that destabilise energy, some that take away strength, some that prevent enlightenment. Can have many causes. Some people put them on others deliberately, some people do it subconsciously cos they feel threatened by strength or potential. Some are placed by "officials" in the spirit world as a punishment for misuse of power. Some happen as a result of uncontrolled power. Those are a consequence of trying to do something your not ready for and the backlash creates its own restriction on further attempts.

Removing them depends on what kind it is and who placed it. Those placed accidently or subconsciously are easier to remove and can usually be done by the individual themselves. White light visualisation probably won't work as that's more protective not aimed at transmutation. Violet flame visualisation targeted at the binding itself would have a better chance of working. If it was placed deliberately then generally only someone stronger than the person who placed it will be able to remove it. Sometimes healers can remove them, sometimes invoking assistance from the spirit world such as archangels may work. If it was an official judgement then it will carry the seal of the court that placed it so archangels won't help you remove it. They rarely help with backlash restrictions either since those are a consequence of your own actions and it would be considered up to you to prove yourself capable of removing it yourself so that you don't go doing the same thing that caused it in the first place.

Is there a way I can find out what type of bind it is and who (if anyone) placed it? If its a backlash or official one then I'd wanna find out what I need to do so the bind clears naturally. I don't believe in "punishment", I'm guessing you meant these official ones are placed there to provoke you to learn on a deeper level from your mistakes though. I really need to find out more about this bind, how would you go about finding out more?