View Single Post
Old 28-01-2011, 03:34 PM
Jules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilchannan
The moderators here are first and foremost Members, which spend countless hours trying to keep this site running as best that they can. They are some of the most beautiful people I have met. So for me I am quite alright with them doing their "job" and give them some serious Kudos for doing it. It isn't an easy job but they do it wonderfully .
Thanks so much for this Dilchannan it's very very much appreciated.

Being a relatively new member of staff has really opened my eyes to what it takes to keep a site running smoothly. I'm nowhere in the league of the other staff members yet, but am learning daily. It's also bringing up issues for me personally to deal with such as judgement. But that's another story. The thing is we spend many hours trying to moderate these boards in the best way we know how. With discernment, integrity and honesty.

We HAVE to consider SF is an all ages family forum, and I for one am proud to be a member of this site, so to be asked to become a mod was an honour indeed. But what a lot of people don't realise is how much of your emotions and feelings you have to keep under control. We're all people at the end of the day and when we get attacked for doing a job to keep the membership safe it's hard not to take it personally now and again - but again it's all part of the learning curve and personal growth.

I've been on sites where there are no mods and it's a free for all. Here, we allow people to have freedom of speech and whilst a lot of people may disagree with that, they are not taking into account other members state of mind, understanding, age, etc. THIS is what we as staff have to do in those circumstances.

Everyone can have opinions, beliefs, truths call it what you will - but please please please before all the bigotry begins just think about what you're posting. No one is saying we all have to agree with each other - far from it. But what IS needed is a little more thought before responding with knee jerk reactions, AND understand that we're ALL on our own pathway and therefore are not necessarily at the same stage of development as you are.

Namaste
Jue xx