View Single Post
Old 14-12-2018, 07:16 PM
ketzer

Yes, in fact in life it is required, relatively speaking. We all travel though the three dimensions of space and one of time that make up space-time. We always travel through space-time at the speed of light. The faster we travel through space, the slower we travel through time. It we could travel through space at the speed of light (the rate of causality), only then would we not be traveling through time. Which would be rather confusing as everything would be happening at the same time, and then how could we know that two things are casually connected. Anyway, anything with mass, which I seem to have a bit too much of, cannot travel through space at the speed of light, so I guess I am safe for now. Gravity slows time as well so I suppose some of us are slowing our clocks more then others. Of course once we shed these bodies, we will have no mass and perhaps can zip around space at the speed of light, and at least put a stop to time (maybe even surf around in the fifth or sixth dimension and go back in time?? who knows). There is nothing in physics that says we can't go backward through time (though it may be statistically difficult), yet we living beings have yet to observe such a thing in our four dimensional universe.

BTW, the satellites which our GPS's use to calculate our position are traveling though time at different rates then we are, and so their clocks keeps getting out of sync, and then this has to be corrected for, or it might take forever to find the nearest Starbucks.