View Single Post
Old 11-12-2017, 08:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
As unfortunate as it is, there are also many of us who have been very deeply conditioned and ingrained to believe that everything out there in the material world is only designed to make us part with either our money and/or spiritual autonomy and once this has its grips around one's psyche, there's no easy way of breaking free...especially when it is being constantly reinforced through mass marketing and advertisments.

I ended up putting adblock on my Google Chrome last night...At first, a few years ago, when Youtube allowed ads, there was only one at the beginning of a segment and if the segment went for longer than 30 minutes, there was one half way through.

Last night, I watched a video that went for 20 minutes and there were SIX!!! SIX advertisments!!! through it and that was enough for me to go "Right, that's IT...adblock time!"

I can imagine it getting to the stage where there'll be like 5 minutes of advertising, one minute of actual content, followed by another 5 minutes of advertising...followed by another minute of actual content...and also, ad-hackers will work around the blocking programs of the time...until people say "what a stupid thing the Internet is". lol
know exactly what you mean! I pay very little attention to the garbage out there i just have no use for it. I know that way of thinking can sound cold but...... wish you the best.