View Single Post
Old 26-03-2019, 10:17 PM
Master
I watched the first video which I consider to be vet care 101 for horses. If there is trouble with a coffin bone (it's in hooves) and a fetlock (like an ankle), an x-ray will reveal if there is, or isn't, a problem. If there is a problem, the horse will be unsound for sports such as dressage that the girl wants to do. I feel sorry for horses, or any animal, that's been abused. If a coffin bone moves out of position then you need a really good farrier to do corrective trimming and corrective shoeing. Even after all of that, there's no guarantee that the horse can be ridden again, even for pleasure riding.

The lady horse whisperer takes a lot of chances by standing in a horse's blind spot which has me wondering why she appears unconcerned for her own safety. One blind spot is on the nose and the other is behind the tail. So never ever stand directly in front or directly behind a horse.

I found it interesting that she appears to have a psychic link to talk to horses. Interesting video for sure.

When they mentioned music, it brought back a memory. I'd been exercising Candy and part of cooling down is to ride at a walk. We were in an indoor arena. The manager/owner put on some march music which got Candy excited and she wanted to do more work. She got right into the rhythm of the music. Any other kind of music she ignored.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)