View Single Post
Old 02-01-2019, 10:53 PM
Master
Prior to moving to the desert country, I saw a landscape in my mind’s eye – which I then painted.
I also saw dingo tracks – up in the sky - above that landscape – which I then drew in another picture.
It was a ‘vision’, but I didn’t know what it meant.

When I actually moved here, I looked at a lot of houses - but then when I entered into this one dwelling, I instantly felt every cell in my body relaxing. Repeated the exercise for 2 more times with the same result - so I bought the place. My body knew where it was right for me to be, so I listened to it.

Later on as I was looking for a place to put my painting of the desert country & I found the space for it in my bedroom, next to the window - I made a startling discovery. The painting I had made prior to moving to the desert and totally forgotten about, was an exact view from my bedroom window!

Later, when my parents were visiting – we collectively saw a scenario within that landscape – step by step – which I later learned – was the ‘Aboriginal Dreaming’ story of that very place, which actually startled me to the core, because I had gone through all the emotions and actions of it, in my mind’s eye, without first knowing the story.

An Elder wanted to take me to the cave, where this Dreamtime Entity is – but I didn’t go.
A Dingo - a wild dog brother invited me to the Ceremony – but I didn’t go.
I am not fond of ceremonies and I want to get into ‘stuff’ according to my own intuition and take it from there.

So now to the animal encounter:
With a couple of friends we went on a few trips deeper into the Central Australian desert country, camping in the National Parks etc.

Saw some absolutely spectacular places, but my favourite place was this one (dry river bed) gorge where we camped the night.
Early in the night I heard some howling in the distance for quite a long time .... but since the park had two camping sites; I thought that it probably was some idiot in that distant camping spot pretending to be a dingo or something.
Or maybe it was a real dingo - I couldn't tell.

Then I must have fallen asleep, can't remember of having any particular dreams though, but all of a sudden my dreaming did become lucid - when this eye, which at first looked like an Egyptian eye (The Eye of Horus), appeared in my dream. At a closer look, zooming into the eye, I saw that it was an eye of a dingo eyeballing me, and the dingo was wanting to say: "I have seen you!"

This woke me up at once, and just then! ....I heard this ever so soft short howl near my tent ........... thus "the eye" must have been her looking at me through the net & immediately after her howl - all around us! ... quite near and much further away ... all the dingos (so many of them ... like one closer ring and then another more distant ring), started to howl in chorus ... howls that the rocky canyon walls echoed ... and echoed ... and echoed ... and echoed ... and echoed ...

That was an absolutely magnificent moment!!!!
I was in a total rapture!

After that, couldn't sleep and I started to so long after these dingos, desiring to travel with them into the night ....
Silently in my mind I howled them back ... this special call (I made up in my mind or was it the signature howl I had heard, I don’t know) ... and then .... one lone dingo who had stayed behind .... howled ... m-y (it’s?) call!!!! ... two times!!!!

That was a moment of total magic when I couldn't tell, whether reality had become a dream, or dream a reality.

In the morning, when we left the camp, I "saw" a dingo in my mind's eye on the middle of the road .... ahead of us round a bend of that road, we were driving, and when we went round that bend .... of course, there she was!

Just love it, when synchronistic moments happen like that.
I assume the dingo who had eyeballed me ... howled my call or (?) was the one we saw standing in the middle of the road the next morning as we had formed a connection.

I mean .... talking about looking at yourself in the "mirror" or experiencing "Oneness" .... (when you look into an eye of another and see your own very innermost soul & spirit essence looking back at yourself in the form of another) ..... but this time it was an animal .... a dingo .... and we both knew it! A total vibrational alignment at the very core of your being .... transcending the physical into the realm of magical possibilities.

Later on some Elders in my area associated me with the Wild Dog (Dingo) Dreaming Totem and introduced me to the totemic kinship system.
I know my Siberian forefather had been a Wolf Totem.
Though these totemic systems are very different - there is some overlap to recognize.

Last edited by sentient : 03-01-2019 at 06:52 AM.