View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011, 09:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topology
My illustration of how something that is irreducibly complex can emerge also works for explaining "irreducibly complex" symbiotic behavior. What was separate contexts merged into a single context and then through mutation over time the systems became inter-dependent to the point that it created a single complex system where the removal of a single part stops everything. Evolution can indeed be the culprit of these scenarios.

The age old question: Which came first: the chick or the egg? It's a paradox because it fails to take into account the process of evolution over generations where the current chicken-egg cycle grew out of a pattern where colonies of lightly specialized cells would create germ-cells (eggs) within their interior which would get expunged into the environment to spawn a new colony. This pattern emerged from single-cell splitting + forming colonies + specialization of cells. Once the pattern exists, the pattern evolves with the increase of cell specialization and interdependence. Millions of years later, one mutational branch lead to the creation of the chicken-egg cycle.

I read all your post Topology and you bring up good points, and I am not presenting myself as an expert on this subject , I only am presenting the facts as I understand them. And how the science of them reveals a God to me. The subject of replication is interesting, but I have questions; How could DNA and RNA evolve from something very rudimentary into their present day intricacy when the organism containing the basic genome would require the more complex, present day DNA and RNA to replicate? According to evolution, something like the genome could only achieve its utter complexity through replication, cumulative selection and mutation.

I personally have seen no evidence of a credible, verifiable and reproductive explination of the orgin of life. Neither has the " Gene Emergence Project", which has sponsored an event called " The Orgin of Life Prize", currently offering any scientist or group of scientist 1.35 million dollars to anyone who can produce a credible lab result of spontaneously forming complexity of inanimate systems of self organization and reproducing life.

There has been no one to yet claim that prize.