View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011, 07:24 AM
Topology

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickiel
I disagree with you there; I think science most defintely reveals God. And I could use a little know instrument called the " Astrailian Termite" to show that. One need only to scientifically examine this creature and we can see both the Anthropic principle, and irreducible complexity. This Termite is actually 4 creatures in one, each depends on the other for its existence. This termite represents the case of " You cannot have one without the other", and creation " As is."

Mixotricha Paradoxa lives in the gut of the termite. They are covered with hairy like creatures called Spirochetes, a totally different type of microorganism. On the mixotricha , there are bumps where the spirochetes are attached, and Bacillus are lodged on the other side of the bump. 3 totally different germs that decided to live together in a community?

An interdependance between a large microorganism, a spirochete, a bacillus, an Austrailian termite, AND even the trees the termite feeds on. I suppose if one is an evolutionist, they would believe that all these different creatures just randomly overtime, just happened to have met and formed a committee and decided to work together, the mixotricha " Developing bumps" where the spirochetes could bury their heads , behind which the bacillus could hide. All of whom " Decided" to live in the gut of a termite.

Obviously this scientific look inside of this termite illustrates the case for special creation of all of these creatures at " The same time." They couldnot have developed seperately and ever made it to the point where they could " Rendezvou" and forever spend their existence interdependant and together.

My illustration of how something that is irreducibly complex can emerge also works for explaining "irreducibly complex" symbiotic behavior. What was separate contexts merged into a single context and then through mutation over time the systems became inter-dependent to the point that it created a single complex system where the removal of a single part stops everything. Evolution can indeed be the culprit of these scenarios.

The age old question: Which came first: the chick or the egg? It's a paradox because it fails to take into account the process of evolution over generations where the current chicken-egg cycle grew out of a pattern where colonies of lightly specialized cells would create germ-cells (eggs) within their interior which would get expunged into the environment to spawn a new colony. This pattern emerged from single-cell splitting + forming colonies + specialization of cells. Once the pattern exists, the pattern evolves with the increase of cell specialization and interdependence. Millions of years later, one mutational branch lead to the creation of the chicken-egg cycle.