Thread: Looking to hard
View Single Post
Old 16-11-2018, 12:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
"fee"? maybe "feel"??

I think your question comes down to "wanting to be spiritual" vs. "having a need that spirituality could address".

I may have misunderstood you, but it seems that you wanted to be spiritual, then were happy / satisfied for getting spiritual.

Why do you need to be spiritual? What does it mean to be spiritual? Labels?

Hi inavalan,
It is: what do you feel? I don't always proof read what I post

Typing on an iPad has its limits as well.

The thought that was going through my head was, it seems to me some come across as trying too hard to be "spiritual". Meaning comparing him/her self to others or what has been told one should be in order to be be "spiritual".

Giving a sense that he/she is somehow unworthy or not good enough or lack something.

I don't wish to judge others, just an observation and how I take it.

I understand everyone is where he/she is at and if desired to enhance the spiritual aspect in life that there are many ways to do this.

I have come to a place in my life where peace has been found with in myself about my place with God/universe. But, this is not to say the show is over, nor the interest in the spiritual aspects in life. Just, in a place to give myself some slack and that Spirit is not judging me, I am if that comes along.

I can not say for others, only for myself in general what may be needed and the meaning found at present. These have and continue to shift and change, as does the other needs and meanings applied to other aspects in life. In short I give meaning to life, as do you, and every living being, as I see it.

So for me, I am being. What meaning found are those that arise through living life. Sometimes through self awareness, sometimes through others, sometimes through just noticing what is happening around me. Find it can be all spiritual if taken to be life unfolding and feeling connected to Spirit/energy that give rise to life.

Labels are needed at times in order to communicate and have atleast an idea of what is being talked about. But, find some things are hard to place a label upon, atleast ones in which everyone can agree.

How do you label what is felt and the deep connection one may have with Spirit or however one relates to it? Those things which are beyond what is thought or words?

At times it is not even thinking about whether I am being "spiritual" or is it the "spiritual" thing to do. At times it is just noticed or done and that deep connection is felt. Like someone giving a smile. There is just a connection acknowledged there.

Now not knocking reading books, watching videos, or having discussion about "spirituality". I enjoy these myself, when the mood strikes. Just feel at times and gone through periods in my life which it seemed was trying too hard to be spiritual. Find was and am spiritual all along.

Meaning it was, is and will be there all along.

So, there is my present take on some of this.

Thank you