View Single Post
Old 10-09-2017, 10:13 PM
Master

Liberated and Badcopy, I do understand the astrology aspect. Gravitational pulls, timing of birth, and such. But in my opinion (speaking for myself) I don't think I can throw all the astrology and gene pool into the same boat though. It's a tad different when a planet or set of planets come into alignment. Quite another when your dad is beating you and your mother senseless every night after getting drunk (a made up scenario, not my upbringing) and actually having the genes to repeat what you were taught.

I just couldn't stand and judge another when I don't know anything other than what I see and hear. What was the chemistry that caused that person to do bad things?

baro-san, I agree. I think a less evolved soul must experience those dark times and has less self control because they have never gone there before. Older souls have unconscious memory of having done bad things and can instinctively use more self control so as not to repeat past behavior.

r6, I basically see your point. It all acts and reacts. I like that it can be seen as a complex set of interrelationships that affect us in ways way beyond our understanding. That makes sense.

The reason I started this thread is because, basically I grew up Christian which I ditched when I was in my early 30's. But I was left with all these rules. Which I broke on an almost daily basis. The guilt, the shame. I lived with it for years.

Till one day I threw it out the window and decided to do what I felt like doing. I have one rule. This is my rule not anyone elses.Do no harm to others. Other than that, I do and say pretty much whatever I feel like doing and saying. And I don't have that guilt or shame riding on my shoulders anymore.

And understanding that our genes, our actual chemical makeup plays a part only reinforces me to continue as I am doing.