View Single Post
Old 23-03-2019, 10:55 AM
Guide
Hi soulforce,

Thank you for your thoughtful and considered reply

To answer your questions:

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulforce

What does a death experience feel like? How can the absence of an experience still be considered an experience? Who's experiencing it?

A death experience doesn't feel of anything, as there is no conscious awareness to feel anything with. So as you quite righty say, the absence of an experience can't be an experience. So after we die no-one is experiencing something that can't be experienced. Wow, get your head around that one! Haha!).

Quote:

It seems it's magical as long as you have a brain to contemplate such thoughts. In the absence of one, is it still magical?

It's magical from having conscious appreciation as a living being, to understand who we are and that our life purpose is to experience. To know that we are more than an individual, isolated 'Being'. That we are this universe. So as one person dies, another is born. So the universe can experience itself anew again and again. From each unique viewpoint, without any presupposition or preconception.

Quote:

Once again, I'm a bit confused. Words like "realization", "experience", considers the possibility of sentience. I understand we are sentient, but are the dead sentient? Another words if you don't recall your life experience, did you really have one?

In my view those that die are not sentient, as we can only appreciate things and have realisation to experience with all our senses in every moment of our beautiful existence. As the current moment is all there ever is - or ever will be. We therefore have this one life to appreciate ourselves as this universe. Where for that l so extremely grateful

I am not an individual having a universal experience, but the universe having an individual experience. Where consciousness is the universe experiencing itself through each of us.

Destiny is not the path given to us - but the path we choose for ourselves.

Current resources:
Tom Campbell: Ultimate Reality www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhv-XCff4_I

Currently reading:
Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are: Alan Watts
A Brief History of Time: Stephen Hawking