View Single Post
Old 26-03-2019, 12:04 AM
Master
Yea I follow diet trends on you tube, vegans included, but I also come from a physical performance standpoint, and the highest performers eat based on the scientific literature. Some athletes adopt vegan eating for the typical ethical reasons. They remain high performers, but they track protein, fat and carbs as athletes tend to do, and depending on their sport, take the optimum ratios.

The u-tubers are in competition to the extremes, so all raw and fruit only (or mostly) often very low protein and fat (which is very high carbs), and then they have to eat a huge volume of food to get their daily calories, so of course they have digestive issues as the digestive tract works overtime to process the sheer quantity of it.

I'm convinced that people can have healthy vegan lives, but nutritional principles don't change. 1. you need enough calories 2. You need ample protein, you need fat, and carbs make up the caloric shortfall 3. You need vitamins and minerals (micronutrients). 4. Meal timimg distributes nutrients through out the day. 5. Vegans need B12 supplements and most people could use supplements to make up any shortfalls in the whole food diet.

If you are herbivous or omnivorous then you use different foods to make up your nutrients, but the body simply needs enough calories with a complete nutient profile according to your lifestyle. The rest is nonsense.

Last edited by Gem : 26-03-2019 at 04:36 AM.