View Single Post
Old 31-12-2014, 02:02 AM
Super Moderator
Oh my! I am sorry you have had this level of trouble in your arms and shoulders.

All I know is I had paralysis and numbness as a carry-over from severe nerve inflammation in my right arm which started suddenly 2 and a half years ago. I had some acupuncture treatments. I wasn't sure they were helping, and feel natural healing from my own system started to take over more.
All I know is that when things start to flow again it can hurt. Numbness is exactly that -numbness. Then when it starts to begin healing the feeling starts to come back and that can hurt a bit.
Now my arm doesn't feel pain at all. Two fingers are still slightly paralysed, but over the time have regained better mobility, and it doesn't bother me. They get terribly cold though! They are still partly numb. But no pain, and that's the best thing. The muscles regained their normal tone, but that took about a year or more.
I did no special things. Just carried on with everyday tasks regardless, and I think general movement helped things to re-balance.

I would say that some flooding of feeling back to where it had been numb before, and therefore more pain and sensitivity, is partly to be expected. But only you can tell if that is pathological or not. Instinct.
Have you had an MRI scan? Could there be a herniated cervical disc?