Thread: Losing Weight
View Single Post
Old 19-05-2019, 07:03 PM
Master

A few things that helped me lose weight, and then maintain it:

- eat something every time I feel hungry, which for me is every couple of hours
- write down everything I eat and drink, with its caloric value, so I always know my current calorie intake at any time of the day
- weigh myself every day, at the same time (e.g. morning after working out and showering), and write it down, to see if I'm on track
- do 10-15 minutes dumbbell workout every morning, on an empty stomach, plus warm up and stretches; more recently I added 3 minutes of high intensity interval exercise
- do 20-30 minutes brisk walking most days, in the afternoon
- by keeping track of my calorie intake and my weight, I figured out my daily calorie need to maintain weight: 2,300 calories when I walk, 2,000 when I don't. When I restricted my calorie intake to lose weight I averaged 1,400 calories a day, which resulted in an average weekly loss of 2 lb (about 1 kg), which verified the formula 3,500 calories = 1 lb of fat. I maintained that restriction until I reached my normal weight, which it took about an year. I maintained normal weight for 16+ years

I've attached the graph of my weight loss for the first 9 months. I eventually reached (April 1st 2003), and maintained (16+ years) ~160 lb.
Attached Images
File Type: gif weight loss .gif (32.5 KB, 3 views)
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.