View Single Post
Old 08-06-2018, 11:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerendipityLizard

What do you mean by the industry needing people like me though?

The current industry is so locked into what has been that they have no intuitive inclinations towards what can be. So some one like you with your refrishing, and psychic insights, will bring new light to a dark place.

Quote:
And what do you mean by the field's measure of who is good and who is not good needs to evolve? In what way?

Our educational systems teach us first and foremosty to comply with the authorities in our life. Most of today's students know better. So carry that thinking into the computer industry where programming skills will get evaluated. They are measured using a standard which most likely would not apply to you.

A programming suprevisor once told me that she was amazed that I typed in my programming work so slowly and that the finished product took less time to complete than the others she was teaching. That is because I was thinking ahead for potential bugs and building a sound software product. Many programmers, if not most, think in terms of fast code entry and not bug free software. Their software construction is what I would call flawed. At a later time I was told that out of a group of softwared contractors my work was bug free which was not like the others. I was observed spending time thinking before I started to type in my code instructions. That was some thing no one else did to that extent. I planed on how to construct the software product.

Now a highly intuitive person like yourself would be inclined to sense issues as you develope a software product. That skill is not really appreciated in our softwared development departments. Bugs are the accepted norm. Not only that but unstable softwares products are the acceted norm as I see these things. I use a Linux desktop operating system. It has a long list of flaws. The Mac OS is too expensive and Windows has serious securtity issues.

Quote:
I hope I'm not asking too much detail in my questions either.

I like your questions. Ask as many as you wish.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/