View Single Post
Old 02-10-2017, 10:43 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
I was once paranoid when my son was into gaming stuff, it was during my deeper spiritual work in myself. When I actually learned to stop and listen to why he invested himself into it, I realized it wasn't how I was seeing it and feeling it to be. He explained to me his reasons and why he enjoyed such things. I stopped bothering him after that. And I gave him his freedom to enjoy the things he was passionate about. I realize he has gained much through the whole creative process, inclusive of connections, ways to offload his emotional triggers, ways to express create and be successful in something he loves. I see more than just a game he plays now. He has been an in depth gamer for a long time now, but I also see him successful in his job, has good friends, is supporting himself and is responsible for his life. If I was seeing him hooked and consumed by this stuff and not living his life I would be concerned as his mother. A balanced life is a healthier life.

Cool. I'm kinda the same way. I'm more of a casual gamer though. Love the fantasy type of games. Elves, dragons, wizards etc. Thanks for the reply.