View Single Post
Old 06-08-2016, 02:27 AM
Experiencer
What you are feeling is not to be taken lightly. It is your inner guidance communicating to you. You are feeling it strongly because it is something that you have to do. It has nothing to do about you liking nature or Lord of the Rings. Think about it. With your other interests, do you have these strong feelings for them, too? Probably not.

I went through the same experience. After my first trip to France, I had a strong feeling inside of me that I had to go back but I had no idea why. I was miserable in my job the entire time and the feelings I had inside for going back to France were still there the entire time. Four years after that first trip, I finally made the trip back. I enrolled in a language school in their fourth biggest city (and by doing so, I was able to stay much longer than if I had gone to Paris). Shortly after I arrived, I did find out why I had those strong feelings. I returned home after 6 months.

For now you can just plan to go to New Zealand for a few weeks (longer, if you like). You won’t know how long you will stay there until you get there. You don’t have to book your flight right this minute but figure out when you can. In the meantime save up some money and do as much research as you can (compare cost of living in different cities – big, small, and medium-sized cities, visa requirements, etc)

Don’t listen to the people around you. They are just speaking from fear. Even if it is expensive to live there, there are ways to live on a smaller budget. If you are planning on buying a house or a car, then you can worry about how expensive things might be, but you can find ways to live within your budget. You can always find someone who needs a roommate or is renting a room in their house. If the city has a public transportation system, you’ll be fine. Avoiding their most popular big cities also helps bring your costs down.

As long as you do your research before you leave, you’ll be fine. However, you need to go eventually. Those feelings will not go away until you do.