View Single Post
Old 19-01-2020, 05:33 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Feel free to show us the evidence that epilepsy is caused by an “etheric” body or by demons. If you can’t then it’s just a matter of faith. I know you still cannot grasp parsimony which is why you will naturally cop out with the claim that a lack of belief in demons is a belief too, which is an error in logic. You should know that the burden of proof lies with you though. So lets see what proof you have (?).

Did I ever mention anything about demons? What do demons have to do with epilepsy?

I suggest that the burden of proof lies with science. They may show that certain physiological conditions are present in those with epilepsy but this is not the same as proving that these physiological conditions cause epilepsy. The cause may lie elsewhere, manifesting as physiological conditions and epileptic fits.

Conventional medicine is unfortunately ineffective at curing many chronic conditions. Prescribing drugs to suppress the symptoms is not the same as curing the illness. If the person was cured then no further drugs would be needed, but all too often people are told they need to take particular drugs for the rest of their lives. This is because science only looks at the physiological conditions and misses the real deeper cause.

Time will tell. It may be that in fifty years time medicine will treat the whole person and not just the physical body. And people may look back at the medical practices of today (with over 4 billion prescriptions every year in the USA) and marvel at our current ignorance.

Peace