View Single Post
Old 16-11-2017, 02:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Let me chip in here with my 10 cents.

There is an experience which comes through the awareness that is related to knowledge (jnana) in which the concepts of 'self' and 'other' are perceived as a 'connection' or 'oneness' and the manifestation is akin to the attainment of Savikalpa Samadhi...the 'mind' is still there and the whole awareness is still present.

This is only the penultimate state, but it is not wrong/right in any way...it is merely an incomplete transition.

Then, there is the experience in which all awareness is totally lost with the absorption (laya) into pure consciousness (chit) and there is no more philosophical speculation of mind as to 'connection' or 'unity' because for that to happen, the duality of existence must represent in the first place...it is the point of no more words, nothing occupies the mental sphere and everything manifests and dissolves into the heart of creation simultaneously and this is the state of Nirvikalpa Samadhi.

There is a lot I would like to say in this forum sometimes, but I can't put it into words...I try, but it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever when I do. =/

Very true but understand that is all about meditation.

An example of how to achieve Nirvikalpa Samadhi is with mindfulness.

Everyone is aware of the meditation practice of mindfulness, of watching ones thoughts. The finer points of mindfulness is that as one is observing it is the ego that is grasping at the observing of a thought.

To move beyond is to not even grasp at the creation of a thought, you don't notice it. It is just like the saying you are the sky and the clouds are your thoughts. The sky doesn't notice the clouds as they are created or as they moves through it.

When on can get to the point of just truly being, the mind not grasping at the creation of a thought or a vision or of anything going on. One is then kinda like transported to being one with the light.

More important than Nirvikalpa Samadhi is the realization in daily life Sahaja Samadhi.

Sahaja Samadhi is like Rigpa, those thoughts have become energy that flows through you. The thoughts can be silent or not, it doesn't matter as one can just reside in that energy which is thoughts and naturally be in the pristine clarity of the present moment.

Those flows one feels is everything and everyone. From here the path continues on because even those flows, feeling them is not being them and as one progresses that being becomes more and more.