View Single Post
Old 09-01-2017, 09:45 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntfruit
Life is a bit like a computer game. If you complete all your main quests, and side quests, you are held with high esteem in the after realms.

Good and bad are extremely subjective. To some the mainstream good has evil elements. Is being a good capitalist a good life? Or is being a austere spiritualist a good life? It is morally ambigious.

Personally I think you can't go wrong with the traditional values, but I think personal growth is necessary, and with growth values change.

When you are young life seems easy, but as you get older perspectives change. Focussing on a career is good IMO, we don't have to discard our posessions and become a guru, it is a personal choice.

Professions exist in the after life - so one could say they are sacred.

In fact in pre-life planning one may choose many of the major points of life, career, family, disabilities and so on. They are all challenges we must face and how we meet those challenges is important.

Some people prefer a back seat, and meekily accept their problems but they can still be good people.

I guess for me goodness is honesty, kindness, generosity of spirit. But those values can shape many different types of people.
What would an example of these "quests" be and how do we know what they are, also if we choose how our life is in pre-life then wouldn't things such as ones aspirations to have a certain career etc. already be obtained without interference and just letting fate take its course so therefore that cannot be a very challenging quest?

Sorry about all the questions I just really am confused :)