View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 07:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomingtree
Hi Imzadi!

A few thoughts and offerings

1. You are beautiful and I've often noticed your beautiful presence around - thank you for that, it's very nice
2. Most on this forum are probably not the most seasoned Buddhists and there are sometimes misinterpretations - that is why I encouraged someone somewhere else if they want more Buddhist discussions to go to Buddhist forums where you are probably going to find a more well rounded discussion and possibly more congruence in the finer details. The people on here are nice and well intentioned though
3. Having said that you are not interested in the technicalities per se (yay!) so we can go around to addressing your more pertinent points:

Is my experience similar to something that you may have experienced and/or continuously experiencing? Again, I like to put emphasis that I am speaking of an experience as oppose to a theoretical concept. And is my experience as described to the best of my ability even relate-able within a Buddhist context or am I barking up the wrong religion?

What is your direct experience and can you please describe it?

Firstly, there are a number of established and valid traditions within Buddhism today. These include Theravadan, Tibetan, Zen. Points of emphasis may differ slightly within these but the ultimate realization in these schools (if attainable) does not differ.

That being said, what you share sounds infinitely familiar and I would say that whilst you may not found the same type of words used in Theravada or Tibetan schools, you may find some congruence in word usage in the Zen Buddhism sect. (not saying that the experiences differ, but different systems may utilize different words/emphasis of culture)

Buddha is a good term for what you experience, in my opinion. Thank you.

BT

Hi BT :)

Thank you for your kind words and insights! While I do have a limited exposure to the Zen tradition, I am unfamiliar with other traditions and their vocabulary. I think you are right to say that regardless of the varying paths, practices, and traditions, the purpose is the same and points to "ultimate realization" as you mentioned. Perhaps what I call direct experience could be articulated more eloquently and intellectually if I have more knowledge of the Buddhist language which I am eager to learn. It would be wonderful to accurately express spiritual experience in a well establish system and tradition that can conceptually quantify what it is. If I can capture IT in proper words, then it would be like catching an elusive Butterfly in a net. But sometimes, I am not sure if the Butterfly can possibly fit in a net! <3

♬ ♫ ♪ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtnJUS30olE ♪ ♫ ♬