View Single Post
Old 18-04-2012, 03:43 AM
Mind's Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus27
The problem with a literal reading of the Bible is that people apply those literalist readings to absolutist beliefs,

But aren't those who think they have an iron clad case against the Bible and how it should or should not be read giving in to their own absolutist beliefs?

I see a lot of people here making absolutist statements about all Christians based on the actions of a few. We have to remember, fundamentalists and off the wall sects are out there... and they love to be in the limelight screaming out their fear laced, hateful messages; but they in no way represent the whole of those who believe in the message of Christ and view the Biblical writings through a more literal lens.

I like the people on this forum; but I think some of them need to stop jumping down the throats of others every time they mention Christianity or the Bible.

Would not you be upset if every time you posted a bunch of people replied by saying what a fool you were for believing what you do, and insinuating that all your beliefs came from bad and faulty sources?.... I think anybody with half a heart would feel kind of crumby if that happened.

Lighten up folks... This is the Spiritual Forums, not the He-Man Christian Haters society.