View Single Post
Old 26-08-2017, 06:56 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kine Lea

I recently got myself a pair of high powered binoculars and was looking through them today at the world outside. ... I was struck by just how much I don't see, like what it must be to have cataracts removed. It had a very profound effect on my day.

Not to detract from the theme of this thread, but - this is interesting timing. I'm experiencing the same thing. I had a dream recently that I posted in the dream forum - Avalanche going up - and part of it involved my view of the mountains. I had binocular vision even though I wasn't using any. The detail and clarity of the mountain range were incredible. And since that dream, I've been walking around looking at - life - and my vision (it's 20-20) cannot compete - at all - to the vision I had in my dream. When I look at the trees and hills in the distance now - it's a letdown because I know what I'm missing.

It's an extremely odd sensation to know that binocular vision exists and that I'm missing out on it while out hiking with my dog. It wouldn't be nice to say that everything looks bland, but it almost does. My vision can not do justice to what's actually out there.

I had an interesting idea about this a couple of days ago. I realized that with super human binocular vision, a person can be in two places at the same time. Sort of, and not physically of course, but in my dream, I could see in detail everything that was far away - as though I were two feet instead of 200 miles from it. My attention was focused on what I was looking at while I was actually nowhere near it.

I thought this was an interesting observation anyway ...

Anyway - thanks!