View Single Post
Old 21-03-2018, 07:53 AM
Knower
In my experince awareness is cognisant (alive), and that awareness is the true nature of mind that remains (the self that doesn't have a self, as you put it).

That is the thing that is released and reamins after one realizes there is no I, me or my self. One does not stop functioning (and become a vegetable) by realizing ther is no self. There is no you who is, or you to whom things are happening.

We identify strongly with our body, but you can have wonderful glimpses of a selfless state when meditating. Mindfullness is a momentary help, but does not offer a premanent solution. By seeing through the illusion of I is a permanent solution, that can not be reversed.

By no means does the stream entry, first kensho, or awakening in this sense mean all karma is undone and burnt away, or that you become a living buddha, but it is the first step on the road.
“Everything is energy and that’s all there is to it. Match the frequency of the reality you want and you cannot help but get that reality. It can be no other way. This is not philosophy. This is physics.”

—Albert Einstein