View Single Post
Old 12-11-2017, 12:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Hi Gem,

Can agree to each their own.

It what keeps life interesting for me. How boring it would be if we all thought the same.

I think if more were willing to agree to disagree and get on with it, perhaps all the dust kicked up would settle down a bit.

In my case, I'm not involved in agrees and disagrees apart from issues of consent. The way I see it is, if the mind is moving to agree or disagree and be right or wrong, then it's trying to draw conclusions rather than look more deeply into it, and it's important for people to look deeply and critically into their beliefs - not as rationale, but into the whole structure of taking a thought, making a conclusion, and taking-it-to-be-true - especially when taken in blind faith. A belief set in reason is a matter of individual discernment, and I can only advocate discerning ability. I believe things, but I know they are not true; it's merely the best I have to go on, it seems quite reasonable, so I do. At some stage the errors of it become apparent so it transforms or develops accordingly, but it will never actually become true. This is because the beliefs are an individual matter, and they are not universal, and spirituality as far as I am concerned regards only universals, such as this awareness we both know, for example.