View Single Post
Old 16-06-2020, 10:44 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
Finally a scientific explanation. Many people meditate in bed and then wonder why it doesn't work. I always advise people to meditate during the day but I didn't know why that was better.

When you meditate when you're still normally awake you move from Beta brainwaves (the normal waking day state) to Alpha (slower more coherent brainwaves) and you can get into Theta (paradise for meditation!) When things can happen, your brain takes over and you're no longer influenced by the body. You got to understand that in essence our bodies function as our egos and subconscious mind so they hinder us from getting to that free place of deep meditation where wonderful things and healing can occur. So you have to get out of that so the body no longer interferes, BUT the mind is still working!!
That it was happens when you meditate during the day.

When you meditate in bed you get the following: You move straight into Delta.
Delta is when both the body AND mind fall asleep and become inactive.
It's a restorative phase.
No juicy nothing can happen if you meditate then. It won't bring you anything.

So it's best to meditate during the day or evening.
I have experienced this to be true myself, but like I said, I never knew why. Now I do.
Hope it can help you!

The one thing I absolutely detest in spiritual practices is the comment that you have to do a certain practice a certain way or else it does not work. I have always meditated in bed before I get out of bed for the simple fact that when I get out of bed I tend to be active. I have the most energy when I get out of bed due to Lupus. Setting the intention for the day before I 'walk into the world', is extremely beneficial to MY wellbeing. In the evening when I am IN bed, I do a relaxation hypnosis made by my therapist. Also extremely beneficial to MY wellbeing.