View Single Post
Old 01-10-2018, 07:43 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 1
One of the big things they look at is haplogroups which determines where groups of people who share similar DNA originated from. ..

My sur name Is German but when you look at the haplogroups making up my total genetic heritage. ...there's a big chunk of central European that I expected but also a fair amount of ancestry that goes to Ireland. ...something I didn't expect....

23 And Me also looks at the deep ancestry..as much as 30, 000 years back of both your parents.....my moms deep ancestry was Scandinavian and central European as expected. ..

What wasn't expected was my dad having deep ancestry tied to Morocco as well as the central European genetics we did expect.

Another thing they'll tell you is physical and health stuff....diseases you might have a tendency to having. .
They even told me that my genetics shows that I have a muscle type lending itself to strength and bursts of speed like sprinting rather than a muscle type inclined to long slow endurance running. .....and this is absolutely true.

Frankly. .....there's so much information its not possible to post it all here

Very interesting, the one I got doesn’t show any health related issues? I guess I should have tried 23 and me it sounds a bit more detailed. My DNA was a bit Everywhere? If I understood it correctly? It came back yesterday. They mapped large parts of Central America very high percentage including my heritage Mexico around 65% over all. It also pointed out Mayan that was very interesting for me since my greatgrandmother was native from Mexico and my great grandfather may have come from Spain or France? I got around 21% Iberian and 4% Greek 6% North Africa and around 1% Asian. Aside from the obvious Mexico, I expected to find Native American but no that was not the case, Mayan is indeed an old civilization its very possible since they were near Mexico. I expected to have some Spanish or some French, but not to sure what the meaning Iberian really is? the rest were a bit surprising for me. Hopefully in the near future as this gets more popular and more detailed we find that we are all connected somehow. For now I guess we must wait and see what happens in the future. Most of my DNA matches a large percentage is in USA were I’m was born. The rest smaller percentages come back from various parts of the world. This just confirms that ancestors may be in the 4 corners, we never know? Thank you for your reply. It’s very interesting for me and hopefully for others.