View Single Post
Old 28-10-2017, 12:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowayout
Crows are crows... let there be crows.
I misread your post as: “Crows are crows... let them be crows.”

So the mind started ticking.
Crows are crows, ducks are ducks, loons are loons, swans are swans, owls are owls and eagles are eagles and so on and so forth.
The natural world with all its species.

Except in hunter-gatherer mythological world view (as I’ve experienced it), the whole phenomenal world as it is unfolding, is also a simultaneously a manifestation of Spirit.

So you have got your mythological stories about the various animals and what they mean in spiritual dimension sense.
All of this goes into your subconscious. And even if you haven’t heard all the stories - still, if that myth about the animal’s spiritual dimension meaning lives in the collective subconscious of your cultural group, you’ll experience it as such.
Hence it is important to know your own subconscious (and collective subconscious). Can’t really go borrowing from other cultures and create make-belief.

In spiritual sense crows as messengers bringing comfort and solace and a sense of oneness with natural/spirit dimensions world in one culture, might give rise to fear and superstitions in another.

The the owl is the prime example.

On one side of family I come from the worship of Eagles (Pure Awareness), the other side worshiped Swans (multidimensional Grace within that Pure Awareness sense).
And the third side – well, they saw the Spider as the “Divine Mother” (a trickster and a “savior” in one).
The fourth: “Eagles are just eagles, swans are just swans, spiders are just spiders, nothing more nothing less, and to think they have any so called “spiritual value” is just being plain stupid, and all of that has no value in the “real world”!

As I understand it.

Last edited by sentient : 28-10-2017 at 03:19 AM.