View Single Post
Old 11-03-2017, 06:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoerus
I'm new to dowsing. I recently bought two beautiful pendulums at 150$. One is small and the other one is large. They are brass made and if I'm not mistaken, they are the most sought after pendulum in the market today. Anyway, it's been over a month since I have started practicing, but no luck so far. Both of them don't even move. They only time they move is when I hold them over a hand and they will swing in circle. Help?

Dowsing works on a state of mind. In this case being complete release and stopping of mental thought, a sort of releasing so that one can become an antenna of information which is then translated through the object one is using to dowse with.

A great way to be ready to move into dowsing is to meditate daily, with the object of meditation to be the stopping of thoughts, until the mind becomes still. When it is still outside information can come in because one has 'turned off the engine and can now hear the quieter things' to use a metaphor.
Our minds are noisy and create such a noise we can't perceive much of the greater reality around us and available to us. Learning to quiet the mind is Step 1 in any esoterical pursuit - Divination included.