View Single Post
Old 15-10-2010, 10:34 PM
Jules

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
Thanks, shepherd. I often feel I'm labouring by myself when all I make the point that so many postings are based only on personal beliefs.

How folks feel that they understand 'stuff', their 'personal truths' (as so many would have it) is beyond me but I realise I'm in a small minority when I express such feelings

Mac, I maybe staff but I'm a member first and foremost and being honest that last statement I've found extremely offensive both to myself and other members.

What gives you the right to belittle someone on their diction and understanding of their own spiritual journey? By your own admission evidence and guidance are far better alternatives.... how did you come by that when you first started on your own pathway? Was it given to you in a dream? were you born with that all encompassing knowing? Or did you read books, find forums like this one, ask for guidance, listen to your intuition, learn the lessons life threw at you, be guided to question question question, until the answer felt right in the pit of your stomach, then having synchronistic confirmation and validation, learning to grow through understanding and intent, accepting that your truth can change at any given moment without feeling guilt or fear.

Quote:
That may not be your way mac, but not everybody thinks the same way you do." ditto for your own approach
I have already stated that.

Quote:
The problem I find is that because individuals decide that something has been that way in their own lives, it's then a universal situation, the same for everyone, for all their lives too....
Look at it another way, it's a sharing. All one can do is express their view at that moment .. how else can it be when they haven't reached any other understanding?

Quote:
I accept that you can't accept my alternative but mine's an enabling rather than a prescriptive approach. My way - as you put it - is to allow that situations can be different for others elsewhere and not that one person's beliefs fit all others' situations.
Well, you've certainly not listened to a word I've said then, but that's fine it's your choice. I COMPLETELY accept you've got your approach, and that's as it should be. I've already told you I wouldn't even begin to try and change your mind (nor anyone else's). It's your own journey not mine.

Each and every one of us have our own lives to play out. We all have emotions, feelings, physical attributes, etc. But we all have one thing in common .. we are all Unique. We think differently, we look different, we act different, we perceive things differently. We are ALL individual people, with individual needs, wants... and minds, some able to retain information, some not, some wiser, some more sensible, some more talented .. you get the picture. Whilst your INTENT is admirable, PLEASE take a step back and realise until people are ready to move forward they won't be speaking the same language as you'd like them too.