View Single Post
Old 17-03-2006, 01:11 AM
Red Sky

Weird Experience During Meditation

I had a somewhat strange experience while meditating this morning. Suddenly I saw four faces all in sequence just appear in my mind like I was watching a slide show. First there was a man that appeared to be gagged or had bandages on his face, second there was an image of a man that appeared to be dressed as a military fighter pilot from perhaps the forties or fifties, then there was a beared man wearing a black hat who looked like he may have been from the late 1800's, followed by a woman with dark hair pulled back into an upsweep from perhaps somewhere around the same period, maybe a little earlier. The images just appeared one by one and then I saw an area that looked like a mountainous region with a dark sky that looked like it was either nighttime or a storm was approaching. It was really weird because I've not experienced anything like this before. I'm fairly new to meditation and usually have trouble concentrating since I can't seem to quiet my mind. If anyone could shed any light on this experience I'd appreciate it since I'm quite puzzled by it. Thanks.